by Mihailo Antovic (available in English)
|Please click on
the paper title to view/download the full text.
1. The Position of Semantics within Contemporary Cognitive Science (2003), Facta Universitatis, Series Linguistics and Literature, 2/10, pp. 415-425.
2. Linguistic Semantics as a Vehicle for a Semantics of Music (2004), in Parncutt, R. et al. “Proceedings: Conference on Interdisciplinary Musicology CIM 04”, Graz, Austria.
3. Musicolinguistics – from a Neologism to an Acknowledged Field (2005), Facta Universitatis, Series Linguistics and Literature, 3/2, pp. 243-257.
4. New Model, Old Problem: an Empirical Investigation into Grouping and Metrical Constraints in Music Perception (2007), presented at the Conference “Music and Language as Cognitive Systems”, University of Cambridge, UK, 11-13 May 2007.
5. High and Low or Big and Small: Conceptualization of Musical Relations in Children (2008), presented at the conference "Language, Music and the Mind", Tufts University, USA, 10-13 July 2008.
6. Ranking Metrical Constraints in Music Perception (2008), still unpublished.
7. 50 Years of Generative Linguistics: What Has the Paradigm Given to Social Science? (2007), Facta Universitatis, Series Linguistics and Literature, 5/1, pp. 31-46.
8. High and Low or Big and Small: Conceptualization of Musical Relations in Children (2008), presented at the conference “Language, Music, and the Mind”, Tufts University, USA, 11-14 July 2008.
9. Evoked Potential P300 in Metrical Cognition – a Pilot Study (2009), Facta Universitatis, Series Linguistics and Literature, 7(1), 29-45.
10. Towards the Semantics of Music – the 20th Century (2009), Language and History, 52(1): 119-129.
11. Musical Metaphors in Serbian and Romani Children – an Empirical Study (2009), Metaphor and Symbol, 24(3):184-202.
12. From Oceanic Feeling to Image Schemata – Embodied Mind and the Construction of Meaning through Binary Conceptualization , (2010) In: Lopicic, V. and B. Misic Ilic (Eds.), Identity Issues - Literary and Linguistic Landscapes (p. 177-194), Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
13. Evolutionism and Creationism: Arguments from Cognitive Science, (2012) In: D. B. Djordjevic, D. Gavrilovic and D. Todorovic, (Eds.) Religion, Religious and Folk Customs on the Border (p. 85-102). Yugoslav Society for the Study of Religion.
14. Vision, Space and Embodiment: Interpretation of English Idioms by Serbian Students , (2012, with Dusan Stamenkovic) In: C. Hart (Ed.). Selected Papers from UK CLA Meetings, Vol 1, p. 385-400.
15. Children's Understanding of Unfamiliar Idioms: A Case for the Spatial Foundations of the Conceptual System (2012, with Dusan Stamenkovic), Facta Universitatis, Series Linguistics and Literature, 10(2): 57-67.
16. Running in Circles or Moving along Lines: Conceptualization of Musical Elements in Sighted and Blind Children, (2013, with Austin Bennett and Mark Turner), Musicae Scientiae, 17(2): 227-243.
17. Musical Metaphor Revisited: Primitives, Universals and Conceptual Blending (in review).